Sr Software Engineer
Why work at Appjection?
Appjection is a young, ambitious legal-tech company based in Amsterdam. We exist to increase access to justice for everyone. We do this by providing easy to use, online services for low level legal issues (for example appealing unjust traffic and parking fines). We are the market leader in the Netherlands in that field but we are looking for more. Our goal is to expand geographically more in Europe and legally to offer a wider range of services in other fields. So we will build a legal tech platform on top of a microservice mesh, leveraging a good dose of modern AI. This platform automates administration and is easily configurable for new products in order to help millions of people get their justice across borders.
What does this mean for you as a Sr Software Engineer?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will design and implement new and innovative approaches to problems within our legal operation, e.g. increased automation of repetitive tasks or introducing more efficient workflows. You will use your expert understanding of the TypeScript / NestJS ecosystem to deliver these solutions on the Google Cloud Platform. You know how to create proofs of concept quickly to illustrate your proposed solution, separating key elements from nice to haves.
What do we ask from you?
- BSc or MSc in a Computer Science field
- >5 years of experience in software development
- Experience with NodeJS or TypeScript or NestJS
- Experience with public cloud (preferably with GCP)
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (Dutch is preferable)
And most important, what do we offer you?
- Salary €65K- €85K gross per year (plus holiday allowance 8%)
- Hybrid work, once a week at the office
- We focus on personal development, training & certification
- 25 vacation days
- NS business card
- Teammeetings/building, sporting events, game nights, office lunches, drinks and much more
The application process (you can be our new colleague within 2 weeks)
- After you’re application, we’ll contact you within 24 hours during workdays
- The first interview will be with our CTO and Head of People & Culture. The main goal of this conversation is to know your personal ambition, experience, and to see if you are a fit within the team.
- The second interview will be with the CTO, another Management Teammember and one of the team members. The main goal of this conversation is to get into technical skills. A (technical) assessment will be part of the application process.
- If you pass the second interview, you will receive an offer the same day!
Interested? Please send a short email/whatsapp to our colleague Jonathan (email@example.com or 06-41110672) and you'll hear from us very soon. We are happy to tell you more about this position or we could schedule a meet-up with you right away!